Upon Completion of this course participants will be able to identify:
- 3-4 common ethical dilemmas and how ethical problems occur.
- 4-5 ethical principles of mental and behavioral health professionals.
- 3-4 limits of confidentiality in an array of contexts including social media, consent, mandated reporting, and HIPAA.
- 1-2 factors relating to informed consent and how it applies to ethics and boundaries.
- 2-3 dynamics of dual relationships and the ethical damages related to sexual relationships with clients.
- 1-2 factors regarding the role of ethical practice involving involuntary treatment.
- 2-3 tips for ethical decision-making and boundary setting including risk tolerance, cultural humility, and some decision-making models.